Transferring corn with a spoon
- Two identical bowls.
- A spoon.
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to carry the materials on a tray to the table and shows the child how to use a spoon.
- Directress shows the child how to hold the handle of the spoon by grasping the handle between the thumb and index finger.
- Start by transferring from left to right.
- Scoop the corn with the spoon. (May tilt to easy scooping at end).
- Transfer it to the other bowl till corn is finished.
- Repeat the exercise by transferring the corn back to the original bowl.
Control Of Error
Spillage - visual and audible.
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child how to use the spoon.
- To develop the child's eye-hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor skills.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To satisfy the child's need for order.
- To build their muscles for pencil grip.
- Have different sizes of material to be transferred to cater for children's capability, e.g. from bigger sizes to smaller ones, kidney beans, Soya beans, barley, rice, etc.
- Have different sizes and types of bowls and spoons.