Use of Tweezers
- Two identical plates;
This is an individual presentation.
- Directress shows the child how to carry the materials on a tray to the table shows the child how to transfer with tweezers.
- Place the top of the tweezers handle at the palm of the hand, holding the two flexible ends in between the thumb and the index finger.
- Press the two fingers together, bringing the two ends together till it touches at the tip and then releasing it.
- Start by transferring the pebbles from left to right.
- Pick up the pebbles with the tweezers by pressing the ends together with the pebble in the middle.
- Transfer it to the other plate by releasing the ends of the tweezers, letting the fingers apart.
- Transfer all the pebbles to the other plate and then repeat the exercise by transferring them back to the original plate.
- When Directress has finished demonstrating, allow the child to try.
Control Of Error
Spillage - visual and audible.
Points Of Interest
- To teach the child how to use the tweezers.
- To develop the child's eye hand coordination.
- To develop the child's fine motor skills.
- To develop the child's concentration.
- To develop the child's independence.
- To develop the child's need of order.
- To build their muscles for pencil grip.
Vary the level of difficulty by changing the objects from smaller to larger objects.