Use of books
- A book.
This can be a collective presentation.
- The Directress invites a small group of children to sit in a circle, listen and watch carefully.
- The Directress shows them how to flip the pages in a book.
Place the book on the table.
- Place the left hand in the middle of the book, holding the pages down.
- Place the right hand, with the fingertips at the top corner of the book and turn the page with the index finger.
- Explain to the child the importance of taking care of the physical outlook of the book.
- Take care of it.
- Do not fold nor tear the pages.
- Do not wet it.
- Always place the book back to its place on the bookshelf.
- Teach the children to appreciate the books.
- Tell them it contains knowledge.
- It is interesting and can show us many things.
- For the older children, show them how to look at indexes, bibliography and how to study the contents of the book.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach children how to handle books.
- Teach the children independence and to appreciate books.