How to Answer the Telephone
- 2 standard telephones.
Individual or small group presentation.
- Introduce the activity to the child.
- Carry the telephones on the tray to the table.
- Name the different parts of the phone and their functions.
- Pick up one phone and indicate to the child that her phone is ringing.
- Instruct the child to pick up the phone and say "Hello, this is (name) speaking. May I help you?"
- On your own phone, indicate that you would like to speak to someone else.
- Instruct the child to say "Just one moment please" and gently lay down the handset on the table.
- Explain the child that now he would go and get the person wanted by the caller.
- Both of you can then place the handsets back on the receivers and continue to roll play different calling situations.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To teach a child proper phone etiquette and social skills when answering a telephone call.